- Ensure that only an excerpt of your post appears out to email subscribers.
If the email can give them access to the whole post then, it is of no use clicking on the link and viewing your blog thereby reducing your targeted traffic. To change how your blog post appears, from SETTINGS > READING and change the option to summary.
- If you need to control how many post shows on the homepage, utilize a jump break.
It’s likewise called a more tab and it cuts off the content and inserts a READ MORE link for individuals to click.
- You can alter the permalink of the Post URL on the off chance that you changed the title or need to rename it. Just click edit, beside the link that shows up under the post title. There are a few examples when you DO NOT have any desire doing this – and that is:
- When you’ve effectively published a post and shared it online
- If you are on WordPress.com and think you may move to self-hosted.
- Download a WordPress application on your mobile phone or tablet so you can blog and react to comments on the go.
- Utilize the little eraser tab to fix pre-formatted content that looks funny on the post screen. The eraser aides to dispose of any additional formatting that may have happened in the event that you composed the post using a different application. You can likewise utilize the T on the clipboard tab to paste content and save additional spaces and tabs.
- Utilize the quote tab to emphasize certain parts of your content.
- Change the name of your pictures to keyword related titles.
That way when people are searching in Google images, they are more prone to see your blog.
- Utilize the switch full screen mode if your attention is easily distracted whenever you are blogging.
The fullscreen button is beside the jumpbreak.
- Pages, external links or categories can be used to create menus. You can even utilize a blend of the whole three! When you first set up WordPress, it will make use of your pages as a default menu.
- Do you need an author bio to show on every post? Then edit the description in your profile and it will appear! Go to USERS > EDIT and set your description and include your different links.